Pages

Friday 15 September 2017

My mihi

My Mihi
Greetings to you all
Thank you to our creator
Thank you to those who have passed away
Thank you to the living
The breath of life!
Maungerei is my mountain
Tamaki te awa is my river
Waitemata is my sea
Ruapotaka is my marae
Glen Innes is the land in which I live


Lepa is my father.  He is from Samoa and he is  Tongan.But he is mostly samoan.
Sela is my mother.  She is from Samoa.
Leon is my brother he is born in New Zealand like me.
My name is Rosiephine
I live in Glenn Innes.
I am Ten years old.

So, to our distinguished guests, students, teachers, elders, a warm and heartfelt greeting
Here is our school’s motto, “To strive to succeed”
So, greetings to you all
Tēnā koutou katoa!
Mihi ki te Atua
Mihi ki te Mate
Mihi ki te Ora
Tihei mauri ora!
Ko Maungarei te maunga
Ko Tamaki te awa
Ko Waitemata te moana
Ko Ruapotaka te marae
Ko Ukutoia te papa
Tēnā koutou

Ko Lepa  tōku pāpā, nō Samoa tonga  ia
Ko Sela tōku māmā, nō Samoa ia
Ko Leon tōku tenia no Samoa tonga  ia
Ko Rosiephine tōku ingoa

Ko Glenn Innes tōku kainga noho
Tekau tōku tau

Nō reira
E ngā manuhiri tuārangi, ngā tauira, kaiako, kaumātua, he mihi nui, he mihi aroha
Anei he kōrero a te kura, “Whaiā kia eke”

Tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou, tēnā koutou katoa

No comments:

Post a Comment