Pages

Monday 4 November 2019

Museum Trip!

Last week Friday was a big day for the year 7 and 8s/Team 5.  It was the day after Halloween, November 1st. 

When we first arrived at the museum,  there were around 30 volunteers from KPMG.  We got split up into groups of 3 or 4. Each KPMG volunteer had to split up and go to a group.  
              

I was with Te-rangimare and Lillyana.
Agnes was our leader for the day.  She is from China and she has been working at KPMG for 3 months.  We finally entered the Museum.

 We first visited the 2nd floor.  It was pretty amazing. The floor was about the  history of WWl and WWll. There was a real live Spitfire sitting in this empty room.  It was pretty cool to see a real one. We walked past this wall FULL of names. It was the names of the people who passed away during the WW. 


We finally had morning tea.  Our next stop was the ground foyer.   That is where a lot of precious Maori things are.  A big Marae is placed in the middle of the hall. You have to take off your shoes to go inside.  When I entered the Marae, there were a lot of unique patterns. There were also a lot of wood carved statues named the Tiki.  On the right side of the Marae was a giant waka/canoe. It was very big and it looked liked it cod fit around 30 people on it.


It came to lunch time. My group and a bunch of others got a chance to go to the winter garden.  When I first walked in, the first thing I saw was a bundle of roses. They were very beautiful and big.  There was a door leading to a big pond. It was a bit dirty but it was alright. I was walking by the pond when I came across another garden.  It was very hot and when I first walked in. I hardly couldn’t breath. The pond was full of lily pads and tiny little fish. I saw two big koi fish hiding under a lily pad.  Then it was time to head back to school. We said our last goodbyes to all the volunteers and we thanked them. I really enjoyed the Museum. I would love to go there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment