Pages

Thursday 12 March 2020

Narrative: Young Detective

The Young Detective

pobble365

It had been three days since it had gone missing. One minute he had held it in his hand, the next it had vanished. How could it just have disappeared? It had been right in front of his eyes!
He had been warned about what would happen if he lost it. His mission had been to guard the key with his life, ever since they visited him last summer.
Adam had always had a detective’s instinct. They had told him as much. He had been chosen because he had certain skills, and he would need them more than ever now.
Only one clue had seemingly been left, which was sat on the living room table.
Holding the magnifying glass up to his eye, Adam began to investigate…


Adam was full of fear.  He didn’t know what would happen to him if he didn’t find the key sooner.  He started to look in the lounge.  He looked under the sofa, under the coffee table, and  inside the chimney.  Wait, why would it be inside a chimney?.
He gave up.  Adam bursted out with tears.  He was so scared.  At this point he didn’t know what to do.  The last place Adam had been to was the Library.  Adam quickly put his shoes on and he ran to the library.  The Library closes at 12:00.  It’s 11:30 at the moment.

 Adam was surprised.  He saw his Dad sitting on the chair.  Adam stopped for a moment. But Adam had  no time to chat.  Adam quickly ran to the corner.  That was the last place Adam was seated.  He looked everywhere.  Adam just sat down on the chair. Sad and angry.
“How could I lose that key?.  It was right in front of me,  IT WAS IN FRONT OF MY EYES!” 
Adam sat there.  For at least two minutes.  But something was off.  He could feel someone staring at him.  The hairs from the back of his neck were tinkling.  He stood up. To his surprise, he saw his Dad.  Adam Screamed!.
“Dad what are you doing?!.”
His Dad laughed.
“Son, I know why you’re here.”
Adam didn’t have a good connection with his Dad.  They would always have bad moments with each other. 

“You..You know why I’m here?”
“Of course I do.  I’m your Dad.  I have my own ways to keep my eyes on you.”
“Then why am I here?.  What am I here for then?”.
He giggles.
“You’re looking for the key. Hahahaha. I wonder... where.. it.. is!”
“Dad give it to me!!”
Says Adam.
“Try and FIND ME!”
Adam’s Dad quickly runs away!.
Adam couldn’t keep up.  His Dad disappeared.  He was nowhere to be seen. 
“I gotta  get that key! Why does he always have to act childish!!”
Adam saw his Dad run into the bathroom.  He rapidly ran after him.  Adam was shocked.  His Dad disappeared.  AGAIN! 

“Wha….What?.  Does my Dad have superpowers?” 



TASK DESCRIPTION:  WALT: write a narrative. For this weeks assignment I had to right a narrative about a picture. "The Young Detective". Some students from my class helped me improve my writing. Mrs. Moala started off our writing. (Her writing is in blue. The writing in black is mine.) I hope to finish this writing soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment