Pages

Thursday 23 July 2020

Tech At Tamaki: Science Class: Topic 6: Sugar.





Task Description:
This is what I did during science class.  My teacher first showed the whole class a gram with words.  Those words were related to "sugar".  I was assigned to write down any of those words that I found familiar.  Like the word "diabetes".  I wrote down at least 4 to 5 words.  One of them were Toffee, lactose, and sweeteners.
  • Sweeteners- Sweeteners is a type of liquid.  This can be used in cakes and cup cakes.
  • Toffee- Toffee is a type of candy.  It's hard sugar candy.
  • Lactose-Lactose is a type of sugar.

Later on, my teacher explained 3 different types of sugar.
  • Sucrose
  • Lactose
  • Fructose    


Sucrose is part of the normal sugars like white sugar, brown sugar, and Icing sugar.
Lactose it's part of the milk powder, milk sugar, and flavoured sugar.
Fructose is the most healthiest sugar.  Fructose is part of the fruit sugar.

Afterwards, my teacher gave the whole class three papers each.  On that paper were pictures of food products.  What I had to do was cut out the photos.  When I finished, I had to tell my teacher.  My teacher helped me glue it in my book.  What I had to do next was write a list.  I had to write down the seven products on that paper and I had to look at how much sugar that product had.  As you can see in the photos above, I made a small flip book.  

When everybody finished we got to do a fun experiment!.  We had to pour in 50 grams of coke into a cup.  We then got a stand to put over the Bunsen burner.  A few minutes later, the coke was starting to boil.  We still waited until the coke was gone.  But the coke didn't disappear.  The coke was stuck to the bottom.  My teacher scraped out the bottom to get the coke out.  The coke turned into beautiful crystals!.









No comments:

Post a Comment