Pages

Monday 29 June 2020

Matariki

On Friday, the 26th of June, was Pt England's official Matariki day!.  Before Friday, the whole school had to fill out a form.  We had to pick 1 group out of 4 groups.  The 4 groups are cooking, crafting, sports, and movie making.  My first choice was cooking, my second was crafting, my third was sports, and my last was movie making.  I really wanted to be in cooking.  But I ended up in crafts.  I didn't mind since that was my second choice.  I was mainly working with Lilly and Shania.  Before we started, Mrs Flavel gave us plain paper.  We had to trace our hand and we had to create patterns on the bottom of our wrists.  We had to make 6 hands.  The hands were meant to look like us grabbing the stars.  We were "reaching for the stars!".

 When you got the idea of what your pattern will looks like, you will get a big black paper and some chalk.  Lillyana was the first to work on the black paper.  We had to trace our hands even BIGGER so it can show out more.  I only got to make 2 since I'm a very slow drawer.  Lilly made 4 hands, and Shania made 1 hand.  You could do all kinds of stuff with your hand.  You could paint it, decorate with glitter glue, and you could even draw it with vivid.  After everybody finished their hands, Mrs Flavel hung it up on the windows in the office.  Shania and I helped Mrs Takerei cut out golden stars.  The results were amazing.  I really wish I had a photo of what it looked like.  For some more decorations Mrs Flavel hung up some green and blue lights around the stars.  To make it even more better, Mrs Flavel hung out lights on the palm tree!.  The palm tree was inside the office.  I was really happy how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment